Nails Services Level 2 Technical Certificate
You will cover the range of essential practical skills and knowledge which will help you get a job in the make up industry or go onto further training:
What will the course involve?You will cover the range of essential practical skills and knowledge which will help you get a job in the make up industry or go onto further training:
- Natural overlay gel (or acrylic)
- Tips and overlay gel (or acrylic)
- Infills and rebalancing
- nail art - themed, bespoke, stipes etc
- LED and UV gel
- Liquid and powder (acrylic)
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Manicure and Pedicure
- Gel varnish
- You must have a keen interest in the industry, want to work with people and have excellent attendance. You must meet deadlines and be committed to your course.
- GCSE maths and English A - C grade is preferred. If you do not hold a C in English and/or maths you will be required to study these further as this is part of the course.
- You must attend a work experience placement each week, you will take part in enrichment activities including competitions and additional courses.
EquipmentYou will need a kit and uniform which we will explain at interview. If you are worried about paying towards a kit and uniform please talk to us and we can see if you can get a bursary.
- Practical assessment on paying clients in our training salons and questions in class.
- You will complete some assignments and may need to work towards Functional Skills. You will take an end of year exam.
General commentsYou will need to ask friends and family to come in so that you can practice and do practical assessments. We will invite you to taster sessions and give you an advice and guidance interview before you start the course to make sure this is the correct route for you and allocate any support.
What will the course lead to?You could continue your studies in nail services or study beauty therapy or hairdressing further. Another option is to work in the industry or get an Apprenticeship and gain further qualifications which could lead to teaching/assessing and onto a degree.
Apply for Nails Services Level 2 Technical Certificate Course
Nails Case Study
Apprentice Charlotte in top 4 in UK
Charlotte Grasby is a level 2 apprentice at Beautique 32 beauty and nails salon in Driffield. Charlotte entered The Academy skills competition in 2021 and went through to the AHT National Finals where she was placed 4th in the UK. She has also completed Functional Skills in English and studies Level 2 Professional Standard in Beauty Therapy at The Academy on Roscoe Street in Scarborough.