Make up Artistry - Level 2 Technical Certificate
A great introduction to make up, research and apply the latest and specialist looks
What will the course involve?You will cover the range of essential practical skills and knowledge which will help you get a job in the make up industry or go onto further training:
- Communication methods, sales opportunities and support working in make up
- Anatomy and physiology – bones of the face and skull and layers of the skin
- Researching, planning and showcasing designs – sourcing inspiration for designs, researching looks, influence of historical looks and global cultures
- Producing a portfolio and showcasing make up designs
- Applying make up – skin types and colours, colour wheel, products and tools
- Photographic make up – camera lighting and adapting for the location/weather
- Hair artistry – styling using products, tools, styling for different occasions eg prom
- Creative make up – special effects eg cuts and bruising, face art, working to a theme
- You must have a keen interest in the industry, want to work with people and have excellent attendance. You must meet deadlines and be committed to your course.
- GCSE maths and English A - C grade is preferred. If you do not hold a C in English and/or maths you will be required to study these further as this is part of the course.
- You must attend a work experience placement each week, you will take part in enrichment activities including competitions and additional courses.
EquipmentYou will need a kit and uniform which we will explain at interview. If you are worried about paying towards a kit and uniform please talk to us and we can see if you can get a bursary.
- Practical assessment on paying clients in our training salons and questions in class.
- You will complete some assignments and may need to work towards Functional Skills or GCSE. You will take an end of year exam.
General commentsYou will need to ask friends and family to come in so that you can practice and do practical assessments. We will invite you to taster sessions and give you an advice and guidance interview before you start the course to make sure this is the correct route for you and allocate any support.
What will the course lead to?You could continue your studies in make up artistry or study beauty therapy or hairdressing further. Another option is to work in the industry or get an Apprenticeship and gain further qualifications which could lead to teaching/assessing and onto a degree.
Apply for Make up Artistry - Level 2 Technical Certificate Course
Make Up Artistry Case Study
Maddie is from Scarborough, she joined The Academy after leaving school and studied with us for two years. She entered The Academy Fantasy Make up competition with fellow hair and barbering student Chloe Walsh, they won joint first place. Maddie then went through to the AHT National Finals in Blackpool to represent The Academy.