Details may be subject to changes due to awarding body updates
Perfect your massage skills from deep tissue to aromatherapy and Indian Head massage
- Monitor procedures to safety control work operations
- Implement and promote products and services
- Provide body massage
- Provide Indian head massage
- Provide massage using pre – blend aromatherapy oils
- Provide self tanning services
- Provide stone therapy treatment
- Promote financial effectiveness in the salon
- A strong commitment to working in the industry
- NVQ Level 2 Beauty Therapy
EquipmentLearners will have to provide stationary equipment and buy a full kit, text book and uniform. Any specialist equipment will be provided by The Academy.
General commentsLearners should note that this is classed as a full time course that also involves at least one day in a salon placement where work based assessors can come and assess practical skills in a salon situation. Learners may be required to take functional skills at level 2.
What will the course lead to?Learners can use the NVQ to progress to a NVQ Level 4 or HND courses including university or seek employment in the industry
Alise moved from Latvia aged 16 and joined The Academy on the level 2 beauty course. She completed her work experience placement at No. 1 Health & Beauty in Malton and was offered an apprenticeship. She will now go on to study Level 3 Beauty Therapy with us whilst working in the salon. She has also completed her Level 2 Functional Skills in maths qualification and Level 1 English.